Overall design and code framework of BIND9?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 4 22:25:55 UTC 2003

Yingfei Dong wrote:

> hi, there, I am looking for some doc about the structure and design
> of BIND9. I want to revise BIND for service name resolving.
> Could you give me a pointer? Thanks,

I'm not aware of any such comprehensive document, but I am curious: what
do you mean by "service name resolving"? Something more than SRV
records? If so, why wouldn't you propose a new "super-SRV" resource
record type through the IETF process? If all you do is hack BIND, then
your "service name resolving" feature only applies to BIND users, and
doesn't benefit or probably even interoperate with non-BIND users...