BIND 9.1.x

Maenard_martinez at support.trendmicro.com Maenard_martinez at support.trendmicro.com
Tue Feb 11 05:06:14 UTC 2003

I am running to Linux boxes both running bind. Here's the situation:

a. Linux1 is the primary server for vmnet.biz. It has the following records:

	second IN NS bind-test.second.vmnet.biz.
		 IN NS x.vmnet.biz.
		 MX 5 mail
bind-test.second IN A 172.16.0.19
x IN A 172.16.2.12
mail IN CNAME x

b. Linux2 has the delegated zone: second.vmnet.biz. These are the records:

	IN NS bind-test
	IN NS x.vmnet.biz.
		 MX 5 mail
bind-test IN A 172.16.0.19
mail IN CNAME bind-test

All BIND servers have a master entry for each zone on their named.conf
files.

When I try to perform on nslookup from Linux1 for an A record,
bind-test.second.vmnet.biz, it's okay. I guess the record is coming from its
own database file. But when I try records saved in Linux2, I get SERVFAIL
error.

What is interesting is that I can delegate domains between a BIND server and
a Windows DNS server; but I am having problems with BIND-to-BIND delegation.

What did I miss?

Thanks in advance,
Leo