Two domain names, same IP adresses

Joe Kattner joe at zosan.com
Mon Feb 17 20:26:13 UTC 2003

Andreas,

All you need to do is replace the zone name with @. In what you show
it is only the SOA that has the name:

> sb-brixen.it.           IN SOA          voyager2   root.localhost. (

Replace that with:

@       IN      SOA     voyager2  ...

The rest will remain the same. Call this same file from both zones in
the master named.conf file, and it should work. @ symobol is shorthand
for the zone name that is inherited from named.conf. As long as the files are
exactly the same, you never use a fqdn in the zone file, and do not
receive dynamic updates it will work. There won't be any changes to
the slave, each zone will still have a separate file on slaves.

--Joe