Error with secondary name server Zone update

sudhakar sudhakar.peram at newriver.com
Mon Feb 24 23:49:51 UTC 2003

Further to my previous posting, I've got the following information in my
secondary named.conf
zone "mydomain.com" {
        type slave;
        masters {IPaddress of Pri DNS server;};
        file "sec/mydomain.com";
};
Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peram

Hi,
I'm using BIND 8.3.x on RH Linux 7.X. I've created the zone file on the
Primary DNS server for domain which I've purchased and I've changed the DNS
entries at the registrar to point to my DNS servers and they have taken
effect.
When I try an ndc reload on my secondary server I get the error message
Feb 24 15:01:01 secondaryDNS named[1599]: rcvd NOTIFY for "mydomain.com",
name not one
 of our zones"

But I've checked the named.conf of my primary and it shows as follows with
respect to the new domain:

zone "mydomain.com" {
        type master;
        file "pri/mydomain.com";
};

I'm not understanding where the error is. I'd appreciate if anyone of you
can give your suggestions and comments on this issue.

Thanks,

Peram