urgent !!! DNS doubt

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Fri Jan 3 12:54:12 UTC 2003

>   i have Dns which is having the
>options statment as follows
>
>   allow-recursion {
>             205.109.68.0/19;207.187.192.0/19;
>         };
>    now if i want to allow all types of queries

Thre are only two types of queries in the world, those that are recursive
and those that aren't.

>including the recursive queries to all my zones then
>how can i do that

You have restricted recursion to the above 2 /19's.  you have no
restriction on queries.

>    so how to achive this ,

already done

>one more thing whats the diff between allow-query and
>allow-recursion statment,

self explanatory, no?

>  i mean does putting "allow
>query" in my zone defination

allow-query is a per-server or per-zone, allow-recursion is only per-server

>will allow the recursive
>queries to my zone to which i want to allow all types
>of queries

You probably don't want to restrict queries at all, but you should restrict
recursion.  If I understand what you want to do, you've done it.

Len