Resolver lib for Win32

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 8 22:28:04 UTC 2003

At 04:42 PM 1/8/03, Gisle Vanem wrote:

>Danny Mayer <mayer at gis.net> wrote:
>
> > If you download the BIND 8.3.4 source you can build libbind on Win32. This
> > will work for Microsoft's VC++ compiler. This will give you the libbind.dll
> > and libbind.lib files.
>
>Do you imply that (the latest) v9.21 doesn't compile under Win32?

BIND builds on Win32 using the MS VC++ compiler, but libbind was not
a required part of it. The libbind in BIND 9.2.2rc1 is the same as that on
BIND 8.3.4 so it really makes no difference.

> > I haven't used gcc or MingW32 on a Win32 platform
> > so I don't know what problems you might run into. The dll is available in
> > the Win32 Binary distribution kit, but the lib file is not, so you have to
> > build that yourself.
>
>Oh my, that requires a working bash setup, which I don't have yet.

I'm not sure what bash has to do with it and I certainly didn't try and get
it to work with cygwin either.

Danny