nameservers giving different results

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Tue Jan 14 06:41:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:

> 	They still have the old NS records cached.  You should make
> 	the oldservers slaves of the new servers until the old NS
> 	records expire.  Either that or demand that the old servers
> 	cease serving vil.maryville.il.us.  If they don't cease
> 	serving some caches will stay locked to the old servers so
> 	long as they have one query daily as the old servers will
> 	refresh the old NS RRset.

Do you have any references to this behavior? I keep trying to convince
people at work that this is happening to an old server that I want to shut
off, but so far the "leave it on till it doesn't get any traffic" people
are winning the argument.

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?