NS2 not asking NS1

David Botham dns at botham.net
Thu Jan 16 14:18:51 UTC 2003

If I understand you correctly, NS1 and NS2 host the same zone with
different information.  And, you want NS2 to consult NS1 for the
difference.  That will not work.  Once a name server loads a zone, it is
authoritative for that zone and will consult no other name servers for
information within that zone.  In other words, if a name server hosts a
zone it assumes that the zone is complete and no other information about
that zone exists anywhere else in the name space.  There is no way to
stop this behavior.

Dave...