zone transfer

jd lug at taproot.bz
Mon Jan 27 12:30:16 UTC 2003

Hello,

 I have a redhat7.2-alpha box running bind-9.2.1-1.7x.2, this is the DNS
master for my domains. Then I have a rh7.3 x86 box running
the same version of bind set to be the slave for all of my domains.
I have rndc working...it nice...everybody is resolving correctly..
but...the slave is not doing transfers from the master or updateing
zone records when the master sends a notify. I can do a manuall
transfer from the slave, using dig, just fine.  I have entries in my

/etc/named.conf on the slave that look like this...

zone  "devnull.bz" IN {
        type slave;
        file  "devnull.bz.zone";
        masters { 55.55.55.55; };
};

then in the masters /etc/named.conf i have this....

zone  "devnull.bz" IN {
        type master;
        file  "devnull.bz.zone";
	allow-update { none; };
};

the master also has a allow-transfer statement in the options statement
allowing transfers from the slave in question. Could someone please
tell me what Im doing wrong...or let me know if more info is needed
to resolve the problem.

Thanks for your time and expertiese,
jd
jd at taproot.bz