setup of name server on WAN gateway machine

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Jul 21 21:14:07 UTC 2003

Andrew <al_firerock at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Good Day, I'm setting up a gateway machine to serve as a internet shari=
ng,
> file sharing server with FreeBSD 4.8. After setting up the db.example.o=
rg
> and the reverse files I get 'master zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" rejec=
ted
> due to errors' anyone available to help with this? Still a newbie and t=
rying
> to get a handle on FreeBSD by doing.

Try reading the /var/log/messages and see what lines contains problems.

Your problem is a lack of understanding of bind, one of the more
cost-efficient methods of correcting that is to buy and read=20
"Managing DNS and Bind" from o'reilly.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,