something wrong with our name server?

Menge, Oliver Oliver.Menge at web.de
Tue Jul 29 09:30:44 UTC 2003

Sorry for a long posting, I'll try to explain my situation as exactly as I
can:

I have a problem writing mail to an address @zrodla.most.org.pl. I get a

> Temporary error 249 (temporary MX resolution error) resolving
> 'ZRODLA.MOST.ORG.PL'

Actually the error is not temporary, I only now realized that I wasn't
able to get one mail through for months.

If i try to lookup the dns-entry with my organizations name server, I
actually get an error:

> menge at linux:~ > host zrodla.most.org.pl dns.bonn.iz-soz.de
> Using domain server:
> Name: dns.bonn.iz-soz.de
> Address: 193.175.238.2
> Aliases:
>
> Host not found, try again.

With another name server (from my university) it works fine:

> menge at linux:~ > host zrodla.most.org.pl public.uni-hamburg.de
> Using domain server:
> Name: public.uni-hamburg.de
> Address: 134.100.32.55
> Aliases:
>
> zrodla.most.org.pl has address 217.153.9.249
> zrodla.most.org.pl mail is handled (pri=20) by mail.most.org.pl
> zrodla.most.org.pl mail is handled (pri=10) by mail2.most.org.pl

Is the first name server (dns.bonn.iz-soz) misconfigured? I have to
convince its admin, that it's really his problem. And maybe, somebody even
has an idea, what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot,

Oliver