Complete explanation of in-bailiwick

Michele Chubirka chubirka at gwu.edu
Tue Jul 29 18:18:17 UTC 2003

Yeah, unfortunately I have one of his "followers" handling some
delegated subdomains :-(. Maybe I'm missing something, but as the parent
zone, if I delegate the following:

$ORIGIN gwu.edu.
foo       NS   this.foo.gwu.edu.
	    NS   that.bar.gwu.edu.
$ORIGIN gwu.edu.
bar	    NS   that.bar.gwu.edu.
	    NS   this.foo.gwu.edu.
$ORIGIN foo.gwu.edu.
this	    A    192.168.1.50.
$ORIGIN bar.gwu.edu.
that	    A    192.168.1.25.

I'm still "in-bailiwick" because my glue records are still within the
parent zone. Is that correct?