Want to make an internal A-record for a domain not my own?

Christoph Wagner wagner at grz.at
Wed Jul 30 10:49:45 UTC 2003

Hi,

I want to resolve a host eg. www.not-my-domain.com by my internal name
servers (because we want to reach this server via private addresses over
an extranet link).
I am not the owner of this domain and so I do not want to configure/copy
all public domain entries in my internal name server. I think they would
never be complete and uptodate as I do not get them from the domain owner.
What can I do if I need to resolve this one host address via FQDN for my
applications eg. internet browser. I do want to loose eg. the
MX-record-definitions of the public servers of the domain owner.

Are there any solutions using bind or any other software?

Kind Regards,
Chris
(please answer me at: wagner at grz.at)