Does anyone know of any good bind wrappers?

Morris Seals seals at dnsboss.com
Thu Jul 31 05:32:51 UTC 2003

Daniel,

     I noticed your posting on the newsgroup looking for a DNS
GUI.  I would recommend:  DNS Boss.  Let me know if you
have any questions.  It has a converter so you can convert any
existing data you have so you don't have to type it all in.  Then
after you convert it, it then exists in the GUI, and you never have
to hand edit zones again.  You just use the GUI to add and delete
hosts.  Then you update a domain, and DNS Boss automagically
generates the forward maps, reverse maps, loop back, cache
file, and the boot file and such.  Then it restarts named for you.
You are not locked into any specific version of BIND, it uses
whatever version you want:  BIND 4.x, 8.x, 9.x.  It also
automatically increments the serial numbers for you.
     The Web site is:  http://www.dnsboss.com and there is a
free demo for 30 days.  I would suggest running it on Solaris,
but there are also Linux ports.
     The product is also extensible through a Java API which
allows you to extend the features in case you might want to do
special types of automation.

-Morris Seals
 DNS Boss Inc.
 720.339.1147