SRV-records not resolved

Martin Rådbo martin at teknologia.com
Mon Nov 3 12:49:54 UTC 2003

Thanks for these answers. We have also realized that IE does not support
SRV-records.

This is a pitty because as an ISP we can make everything fault tolerance
inside our net (with load balancing, raid, double servers and so on)
but if we have two different internet connections from outside, there is n=
way
to direct our customers to the second line then the first line fails.

Of course there is a way:
register a second (or third) dns for the domain name pointing to the secon=
line, but the caching problem is impossible to solve. People will get
redirected not before their dns has released the cached information and th=
at
is not usable.

// Martin

news:bnntio$q88$1 at sf1.isc.org...