Setting up named.conf under RH8.0 using named.custom

Landy Atkinson atkinson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 14:07:53 UTC 2003

At 6:41 PM +0000 11/2/03, phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:
>  > If I comment out all the stuff in /etc/named.conf below the include
>>  "/etc/named.conf"; then it works.  Doesn't seem like this should be
>>  necessary and will probably just get replaced during an upgrade, so I
>>  must be doing something wrong.  If I have to manually edit
>>  /etc/named.conf, have I gained anything by putting additional edits
>>  inteo /etc/named.conf?
>
>>  Any suggestions?
>
>Forget about redhats GUI, it's broken.  You biggest problem
>is to disable it altogether so it won't overwrite your manual
>configuration.

I guess that is what my original question should=20
have been.  How do I disable the=20
redhat-config-bind utility so that it doesn't=20
overwrite my domain setup during upgrades, etc.

By the way, Red Hat support finally got back to=20
me with essentially the same answer.  "Don't use=20
the Red Hat GUI to set up BIND, it is buggy."

>--
>Peter H=E5kanson
>         IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )
>            Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out,
>	   remove "icke-reklam" if you feel for mailing me. Thanx.

Thanks,
-Landy