Restarting bind remotly

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Nov 5 19:44:53 UTC 2003

If you have many zones, then that's an even *stronger* reason to avoid
full reloads -- do you really want your nameserver tied up reloading
unchanged zones?

I would expect that your master knows which zones have changed and which
have not, so why not have it issue the "rndc reload <zone>"s right after
the rsync?

Or, even better, why not just use regular, DNS-standards-defined zone
transfers? rsync isn't necessarily the best solution for  *every*
data-propagation requirement...

                                                - Kevin