W2K AD update and Bind 9.2

Lyn lynkempter at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:15:46 UTC 2003

> You say that you need to an NS record.  Can you tell us the entire
> set of NS records in the zone, and tell us which one you want
> removed?  Does the NS record you want removed point to the DC?

There are 2 NS records: one to the primary DNS server, another to
a secondary server further up the network chain.  It's this second
one that I want to alter.

I've taken the zone files back to bare nubs, left them only with the
header info (SOA, serial number, TTL, etc), the 2 correct NS entries
and only systems and IP addresses for the AD servers.  Then I've
flushed caches on both ends, reloaded, restarted.... in a number of
different combinations.  The file still updates with the old info,
including the old serial number even though I updated the serial
number as well.

There are a couple of WINS servers out there, marginal ones, but I've
not found any hint of NS records there.

Thanks muchly for the help thus far.  This one really has me stumped.

Lyn