New .com Domain seen in UK but not in China

Nigel R nigel_roese at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:00:50 UTC 2003

Hi,

Hope I am in the correct group here. I registered a new .com Domain
via mydomain.com several weeks ago and the default mydomain Name
Servers were set up for me.

The Domain became visible here in the UK, redirecting correctly to my
ISP's Webspace Pages (using Frames/URL Masking) within a short space
of time.

But we want it to be equally visible in China. Getting reports back
that they get Page not Found or similar when clicking on the Link we
email to them over there in Beijing.

Previously, I have reg'd a co.uk Domain and it became visible in China
within a day or two and still is now.

Question 1: Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Question 2: Is there a way to 'test' from the UK if a Domain or URL
would be 'visible' in China by e.g. by specifiying a special Proxy
Server that routes via China, or maybe a Whois type page that looks up
.com Domains 'via' China.

I have done a bit of research before posting this but did not hit any
good FAQs. As is, I don't understand which Name Server China would use
when accessing a .com with Mydomain - one in China or Mydomain's.

Thanks for your suggestions or links to info on this!
Nigel Roese