www or not

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 20 21:06:41 UTC 2003

In article <bpj7b7$2lra$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Kputer <kputer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Stolen <stolen at thecave.net> wrote in message news:<bphqmr$14jl$1 at sf1.isc.org>...
>> >
>> Most likely not.  www.camerontool.com resolves, so it appears as though
>> your named.conf is set up to get info from the proper zone file, but
>> your zone file has something missing.
>> All just a guess (really) without knowing what server your making
>> changes on, or what the files look like.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>Mark said:  You need to give camerontool.com address records.
>
>Shane said:  Do you have an A record of @ in the zone?
>ie camerontool.com in A @ XXX.XXX.XXX ?
>
>I'm not sure how. Is it my camerontool.com or named.hosts file where I
>add this?

There should be a line like:

or:

camerontool.com. A ###.###.###.###

in the zone file for the camerontool.com domain.  We have no way of knowing
the name of that file -- it's whatever you specified in the "file"
statement in the 'zone "camerontool.com"' section of the named.conf.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Level(3), Woburn, MA