www or not

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Nov 20 22:24:23 UTC 2003

> Stolen <stolen at thecave.net> wrote in message news:<bphqmr$14jl$1 at sf1.isc.org>
> > >
> > Most likely not.  www.camerontool.com resolves, so it appears as though
> > your named.conf is set up to get info from the proper zone file, but
> > your zone file has something missing.
> > All just a guess (really) without knowing what server your making
> > changes on, or what the files look like.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Mark said:  You need to give camerontool.com address records.
>
> Shane said:  Do you have an A record of @ in the zone?
> ie camerontool.com in A @ XXX.XXX.XXX ?
>
> I'm not sure how. Is it my camerontool.com or named.hosts file where I
> add this?

	There is no way we can answer this because there is no way we
	can know which filenames you used.

	zone "camerontool.com" {
		type master;
		file "xxxxxxxx";  <<<  IN THIS FILE
	};

	add the following to the file referenced above

	camerontool.com. A 68.23.75.225

	Note: you will still need to configure your http server if it
	is not already configured.

	Note: DNS is defined to use *both* TCP and UDP.  You have a
	firewall blocking TCP access to your server.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org