Trying to get my domain working properly

Chris chris at nospam.com
Wed Nov 26 20:49:55 UTC 2003

"Sean Langley" <nospam at notmail.com> wrote in message
news:bq2t8i$o50$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> Hi there
>
> This is my first time setting up a dns server for personal use, though I
> have dabbled a little bit with bind 9 at work.  I registered a domain name
> "cagrippa.com" at godaddy and set up a couple of hosts at godaddy to act
as
> name servers for my domain.  (It just so happens that everything is the
same
> computer).
>
> The problem is, that while every host that I have named in my zone file
> seems accessible, the "cagrippa.com" itself is not.  Basically what I am
> trying to do is get my server (mail and dns) set up so that emails can be
> received to username at cagrippa.com.  So far, I can send and receive emails
> username at slug-server.cagrippa.com which is one of the two name servers
that
> I registered with godaddy.  Could someone give me a clue as to what I need
> to do next?

Looks okay and mails are accepted for user at cagrippa.com.

Query: cagrippa.com. Query type: Any record

Recursive query: Yes Authoritative answer: Yes

Query time: 471 ms. Server name: n/a

Answer:

cagrippa.com. 86400 A 68.144.87.180

cagrippa.com. 86400 SOA slug-server.cagrippa.com.

postmaster.cagrippa.com.

2003112501 ; serial

7200 ; refresh (2 hours)

3600 ; retry (1 hour)

604800 ; expire (7 days)

3600 ; minimum (1 hour)

cagrippa.com. 86400 NS slug1.cagrippa.com.

cagrippa.com. 86400 NS slug-server.cagrippa.com.

cagrippa.com. 86400 MX 10 slug-server.cagrippa.com.

Additional:

slug1.cagrippa.com. 86400 A 68.144.87.180

slug-server.cagrippa.com. 86400 A 68.144.87.180