rndc reload on slave

ALEXANDER RIEGER ALEXANDER.RIEGER at dinits.de
Wed Oct 1 14:14:53 UTC 2003

Hi,

i'm having the following problem:

We have two dns servers with bind 4.9.7.  After changing an entry in
one of the zone files we first reload the primary dns server with "ndc
reload" and then the secondary dns server also with "ndc reload". The
slave reload its configuration and all zone files.

Now we have two new dns servers with bind 9.2.2. The servers running
Red Hat Linux kernel 2.4.18-14. If we do the same as described above
with "rndc reload" the slave reload it's configuration but no zone
file
is updated. Reloading only one zone with "rndc reload <zone>" works
fine. I should have mention that we don't use dns notify.

My question is if this is the expected behaviour with bind 9.2.2?

Thanks for any information regarding this problem.

Alex