Multiple Bind Servers Stop Responding

Chavvon Smith chavvon at transoptics.com
Thu Oct 2 03:45:01 UTC 2003

I have two bind servers, one on W2k version 9.2.1 with all updates and =
one on Red Hat 7.3 with kernel-2.4.18-3.  The name servers are =
delivering about 150 queries per second each and they suddenly stop =
responding within 5 minutes of each other for no reason.  This happens =
at no certain time intervals.  Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 10 hours. =
 If I am local on the computer, DNS queries work fine.  They just stop =
working externally for some reason.

This error shows up in the windows log when it crashes:
socket.c:1621: INSIST(!sock->pending_recv) failed=20

Sometimes it crashes and shows this error, and sometimes they just stop =
responding while the service continues to run.  The Linux log is so full =
of lame delegation errors that I can't find anything.  Any idea why =
these servers would be crashing so closely together even though they =
don't have anything in common.  They are both masters of different =
domains.

Regards,

CS

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature