local dns - isp dns - forwarding?

Andre N. a at nottenkaemper.com
Fri Oct 3 22:29:00 UTC 2003

Hi!
We are going to organize a little lan party in a few weeks. so we set up a
dhcp, webserver, some gameserver and a dns server.
our tld is .lanparty and sld is oldgamers. so we can access all server via
server1.oldgamers.lanparty, www.oldgamers.lanparty aso. everything is
working fine.
but now we also got an internet connection and i would like to forward? the
requests to internet domains throught our dns server.

our gateway-pc has two nics - 192.168.0.1 is, of course, our local ip. our
dhcp server normally assignes all pc´s with our local dns server ip. so
internet doesn´t really seem to work. only if i manually add an ip and our
isp´s dns in the network config.

could somebody please explain what i have to change to my bind config to
make our dns server to forward internet domain names to our isp dns server?
or maybe just some links or tips what i have to look for would help me a
lot! :)

thanks!

regards
andre