mail trouble caused by DNS?

johnny at n0sq.net johnny at n0sq.net
Sat Oct 4 02:04:48 UTC 2003

This might be slightly off-topic, but, I've been trying to determine why I'm
not receiving e-mail from certain list servers. I came across a log entry
that stated "lost input channel from....". I'm wondering if that is causing
the problem. I searched for info using Google and an article mentioned that
a dnsbl (DNS blacklist) may be causing too long of a delay that causes the
sending server to time out. I'm not running a blacklist at this time. Is
there something else concerning DNS that could be causing my problem?

ML 9.1, Sendmail 8.12.9, Bind 9.2.2