issues with mcd.com DNS

Dave Lugo dlugo at etherboy.com
Fri Oct 10 20:53:53 UTC 2003

Hello,

Running 9.2.3rc4 (previously running 9.2.2 with the same problem), on linux.

The problem I'm occasionally seeing is this:

On my DNS server, I can query for mcd.com's MX, with no problem.

On other boxes in the same subnet as my DNS server, that same query
against my DNS server fail.

This doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a PITA.  To fix it,
I have to restart my named. Any suggestions for stuff I should look at
would be appreciated.

As for mcd.com's somewhat broken DNS configuration, it's not something I
am able to resolve myself, but I have pointed it out to them.  I'm not
sure that their b0rkeness is what is causing my problem

Thanks very much,

Dave