Newbie question (long)

Michael Garriss mgarriss at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 18:23:05 UTC 2003

Urban Loesch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that there are no name server listened in whois-db of your domain:
>
>    Domain Name: UGLYMONKEYS.COM
>    Registrar: PRIMUS TELCO PTY LTD DBA PRIMUSDOMAIN/PLANETDOMAIN
>    Whois Server: whois.planetdomain.com
>    Referral URL: http://www.planetdomain.com
>    Name Server: No nameserver
>    Updated Date: 11-oct-2003
>    Creation Date: 10-oct-2003
>    Expiration Date: 10-oct-2004
>
> Also I can't find domain delegation on the root-servers:
>
> First before you can setting up and using your name server you have to
> register the dns-server on the root-zone. For registering a name server ask
> your current registrar. After registering I think you can setting up the
> name server on domainplanet's website.
>
> Regards
> Urban

Actually my problem stems from just this, I think.  If you mean
that I should go to my account on planetdomain and select modify
DNS then what happens is planetdomain's web site won't let me
register my dns server.  I get the following error:

com.primus.tld.nameserver.NSChangeException: completed: NO: RRP
returned unsuccessful!

[author ducks as "stupid question" flames are thrown at him]
Do you mean that I need to register my DNS in some other way?

Regards,
Michael