Slave won't transfer if NS record present

Jesse ras1 at jamrockmusic.com
Fri Oct 17 03:17:04 UTC 2003

> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 19:15, Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:
> > > If the zone file contains an NS record for the slave, that slave will
> > > not transfer the zone. I can remove the NS record or change it to
> > > something else, and the slave will transfer the zone without any
> > > problems.
> > >
> > > It seems like the slave won't transfer zones that have an NS record for
> > > itself. This is a really odd problem. I have searched the list archives
> > > but haven't found anything regarding this issue.
> > >
> > > thanks in advance for your time,
> > >
> > > --jesse
> >
> > 	Post the unmodified failing zone contents.
> > 	Also what versions are the master and slave running.
> > -

Both are running 9.2.1 . This is the zone file from the master. If I
remove or change the NS record for bullet.pharfly.com the zone will
transfer.

$TTL 86400 ; ttl of 1 day
;
@ IN SOA chalice.jamrockmusic.com. root.jamrockmusic.com. (
        2003101610      ; serial YYYYMMDDNN
        1h              ; refresh after 3 hours
        1h              ; retry after 1 hour
        1w              ; Expire after 1 week
        1d )            ; Minimum TTL of 1 day

                IN NS chalice.jamrockmusic.com.
                IN NS bullet.pharfly.com.

                IN A 12.224.161.216
;
; Mail server
netlivity.com.          IN MX 1 mail.jamrockmusic.com.
;
; Addresses for the canonical names
;
www             IN CNAME netlivity.com.