"someone fixed the bugs" in BIND

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Sep 7 13:20:05 UTC 2003

At 12:20 PM 9/4/03, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
>RJS> [...] Any questions?
>
>O> Not every BIND is broken
>O> (someone fixed the bugs)
>O> --
>O>
>O> * ObiWan
>O> DNS "fail-safe" for Windows 2000 and 9X clients.
>O> http://ntcanuck.com
>
>Are you implying that your "BIND Personal Edition" fixes bugs in ISC's BIND ?
>I note that several well-known names in the world of BIND have taken issue
>with some of the "fixes" therein, such as the persistent cache for example.

That version has some minor fixes related to services shutdown that are not
in the ISC version. It does not affect performance or usability. Apart from
that
the socket rewrite in 9.2.3 will not run on Win9x clients and there are severe
architectural issues with the previous versions. The major issues have been
in the area of the socket code and they did not fix those. At best they made
some minor changes.

Danny