Creating Sub-domains

Terry Austin taustin at hyperbooks.com
Tue Sep 9 20:57:02 UTC 2003

Barry Margolin <barry.margolin at level3.com> wrote in
news:bjis9h$acj$1 at sf1.isc.org:

> In article <bjiq33$891$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
> Octavio Novoa  <ONOVOA at diveo.net.pe> wrote:
>>Hi, I know this is a silly question, but I have no clue about how to
>>create a sub-domain in my Bind DNS. Can some of you tell me where can
>>I get some documentation on that?
>
> If you mean a subzone, you create it just like any other zone.  The
> only thing special is that the parent zone should contain NS records
> for the subdomain, listing the nameservers for the subdomain.

Could you possibly point me to a valid example of how this is done? I can't
make it work so that the box running BIND for the master domain can resolve
the subdomain (which lives elsewhere) correctly. Or anything through the
master domain server.

--
Larry Flynt for Governor
Bringing dignity back to the Governor's Mansion

Terry Austin
taustin at hyperbooks.com