self hosted DNS

Keith Kris dejanews at keithkris.com
Fri Sep 12 14:52:36 UTC 2003

I have my DNS hosted by dyndns.org.  I want to do my own hosting for a
couple domains I don't care about.  I already installed and configured
bind, and I'm able to resolve the records I want properly from my
server.  I entered the following records into my dyndns account
(domain.com used here for demonstration purposes.)

host=ns1.domain.com   ttl=60  type=ns   data=domain.com.
host=ns1.domain.com   ttl=60  type=A    data=my.ip.address.here

and the same for ns2

When I attempt to delegate this with dotster, I get the following
error:

Unable to Change Name Servers with Registry. Invalid Name Server.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, can someone (kindly) point to me
the error of my ways?