Question about db.cache

Sorkin, David [IT] david.sorkin at citigroup.com
Mon Sep 15 14:46:21 UTC 2003

Hi,
	In db.cache we have a bunch of NS and A records for our internal
roots. The server then retrieves all the records from the authoritative
servers for those records and gets the ttls as defined in the zones. The A
records are 20 minutes and the NS records are 1 day. When the A records
expire how does it refresh them? Does it check the db.cache again? Are there
other considerations that would result from such a configurations?

There error message we are encountering is:

Sep 15 10:30:39 dns06390 named[4514]: i_sysop: no addrs found for root NS
(abc.def.com)

for all our . NS servers.

We are running bind 8.2.6

Thanks,