Verisign fix doesn't fix .tv - what are they doing differently?

Keith Hanlan resolver at hanlan.ca
Wed Sep 17 14:04:19 UTC 2003

So I have installed the fix for Verisign's most recent defect and
have a followup question:

Verisign kindly provided the names of other gTLDs which also do
wildcarding. I decided to treat them the same way:

   // Sod you Verisign
   zone "com" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "net" in { type delegation-only; };
   // and the rest of you micky-mouse outfits
   // .cc, .cx, .io, .mp, .nu, .ph, .td, .tk, .tv, and .ws
   zone "cc" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "cx" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "io" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "mp" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "nu" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "ph" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "td" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "tk" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "tv" in { type delegation-only; };
   zone "ws" in { type delegation-only; };

This works fine except for some but not .io, .mp, .td, and .tv:
so what are they doing differently? And is there an similarly
elegant solution for these clowns?

Thanks,
Keith Hanlan
Ottawa, Canada