P1 Patch - Query refused?

Matchstick matchstick at oofg.com
Wed Sep 17 17:05:13 UTC 2003

Wednesday, September 17, 2003, 4:35:47 PM, Scott Ripley (scott.ripley at mail.house.gov) wrote:

SR> I patched my BIND 9.2.2 and modified my named.conf with "com" and
SR> "net" delegation-only commands, but when I restart named and try a
SR> query, it refuses to accept any queries at all.

SR> I've seen one other post with someone who has the same problem, so I
SR> thought I'd list it here.

SR> ENV=Solaris 8, BIND 9.2.2-P1, GCC 3.2.1

SR> Ideas? I've rolled back the zone delegations, of course, but the
SR> sooner I can tell Verisign to stuff it, the better.

SR> TIA,
SR> Scott Ripley

I'm getting the same problem with the precompiled 9.2.3rc2 Binary for
Win32 (interesting this version of named is identifying itself as
9.2.3rc1).
Running on Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

Is there anything special required to be in the named.conf file (apart
from the "com" & "net" delegation-only entries) ?

--
Matchstick
matchstick at oofg.com