9.2.2 on Windows 2000 bug fixed?

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Thu Sep 18 02:40:59 UTC 2003

Danny Mayer wrote:

> Yes. However do NOT install 9.2.3rc2 as there was a problem with
> it. You can still install rc1 or wait for rc3.

Are there problems with rc2 besides those with delegation-only type zones?  I
installed it earlier today on two W2k servers, but had to remove the com and
net delegation-only zones or all queries were refused.  Since removing them, it
seems to be running fine.

Should I pull it and go back to rc1?  Any guesses when rc3 or a fixed rc2 will
be released for Win32?

BTW, I noticed that the installer placed the newer libeay32.dll into
%SystemRoot%\system32\dns\bin instead of %SystemRoot%\system32.  Was that
intentional?  I moved it out of that directory into the system32 directory,
overwriting the older file.

Jim