what will BIND do if we provide incorrect zone via AXFR?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Sep 18 06:58:35 UTC 2003

Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:
>        BIND 8:
>        the old zone will nolonger be in memory.  No transfer is possible.
>
>        BIND 9:
>        initial load. the zone is not in memory so no transfer is possible.
>        reload.  The old zone will continue to be served.

hmmm, so the zone on disk is replaced, and checked only when loading?
Hmm, could it be done that every incoming zone would be checked for syntax
errors before it would be accepted?

Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors