trouble with hp.com mx record

Anders Dyekjær Hansen anders at dyekjaer.dk
Thu Sep 25 13:51:13 UTC 2003

Hi list,

I have two BIND 8.3.4 nameservers running on FreeBSD 4.8 -RELEASE.

Both of theese name servers have trouble resolving hp.com mx record.

When I do a "#dig hp.com mx" I get this:

> dig @127.0.0.1 hp.com mx

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @127.0.0.1 hp.com mx
; (1 server found)
;; res_nsend to server 127.0.0.1  127.0.0.1: Operation timed out

I have no trouble with any other domains and hp.com's A record even resolves
perfectly.

Sometimes though, after multiple digs, I do get it resolved but when it
finally does it doesn't store the information in its cache and another dig
will time out as shown above.

Could this be a network problem? The two nameservers are behind a cisco pix...
Do any of you guys have the same problem?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Anders