denied query on bind

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Sep 29 18:44:55 UTC 2003

ChrisC <chris at issolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> Im running bind 8.2.4 on solaris 9. My messages /log files are
> constantly fillling up with 'denied query' from various ip addresses
> to the following

> denied query from [206.222.107.70].53 for
> "82.80/28.192.147.12.in-addr.arpa
> " IN Sep 13 08:17:54

> The ip address looks strange and I havnt seen it before, Im trying to
> find out why Im constantly getting queries for this, could someone
> give me a clue??

> Thanks

The range _is_ assigned to :
80/28.192.147.12.in-addr.arpa.  1d23h58m8s IN NS  percy.issolutions.co.uk.
80/28.192.147.12.in-addr.arpa.  1d23h58m8s IN NS  ns2.toshiba-europe.com.

which might indicate that one of your clients uses this address for outbound use.
Servers "out there" tries to query the nameservers ( and get's refused)

If you use these addresses you are supposed to present working servers.

--
Peter Håkanson