DNS failure returns register.com page

Joe joe at blow.com
Thu Apr 8 00:59:00 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I hope someone here can help me figure out a way to disable
register.com's "Coming Soon" page whenever the DNS for some site is
looked up. Whenever I try to browse some site with my web browser, for
e.g. irs.gov or google.com, the damn register.com's page pops up. I had
enough of this crap. I tried to change the DNS forwarders in my
named.conf (I am running a caching nameserver on my lunix desktop) to no
avail. This problem occurs only on my home machine, but not at work,
even though I use my company's DNS servers. My ISP is comcast (damn them
too).

Thanks in advance.