setting up free-parking

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Fri Apr 9 13:58:34 UTC 2004

I know free parking isn't as big as it once was, but since we sell
domain registration we want our servers to automagically point newly
registered domains to our freeparking page until people either choose
new nameservers or buy hosting with us.

I've decided this will work, but I'd like your input:

1) we've made our master and slave nameservers non-recursive.  We don't
use them for resolving the internet at large, and we've told our
clients to not use them.

2) Now I want to crate an authoritative zone file for "." with a
wildcard A record.

Will this work?  If not, is there another trick?

If so, is there a good reason why we shouldn't do it this way?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation