Many A-records

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 20:51:08 UTC 2004

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:

> BM> I specifically said "if the server is authoritative for both
> BM> the CNAME record and its target."
>
> And that's exactly the case with the example that I gave.  Look at the content
> DNS servers that I mentioned, and what they publish, again.  The one set of
> content DNS servers is authoritative for the _entire_ alias chain.  However,
> the chain crosses bailiwicks, necessitating multiple lookups.
I've had this in the "real world" as well - answering someone's IT
question, and their next question as well, only to have them go ask
their boss to discover I was the "authority" to ask about the second
question I'd already answered.

Maybe I just don't sound authoritative enough ;)

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature