Domains not resolving in Bind9, flush cache, clears issue.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 13 04:11:43 UTC 2004

In article <c5f71f$2fk4$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 harty at ironwolve.com (Brook Harty) wrote:

> One of the domains is www.icee.com, domain isn't lame.  BTW, I'm back
> to 8.x, and not a single issue with domains not resolving. Here is a
> dig, cache entries, and a trace all ran before and after flushing
> cache.
>
> Why would it work for awhile, then fail?

I'm guessing it has something to do with inconsistency between the
delegations and authoritative NS records for the pretzelgourmet.com and
gourmettwists.net domains, which contain the nameservers for the
icee.com domain.  The delegations of these domains point to
mailscan.pretzelgourmet.com and mailscan.gourmettwists.net, but the NS
records on the servers themselves just point to mailscan.jjsnack.com.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
*** Please don't copy me on replies. ***