Help: MS DNS slave to Bind Master configuration

news.verizon.net david.dot at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 10:49:30 UTC 2004

Hello all.

I am running Windows 2000 Server MS DNS with Active Directory.
I installed  bind 9.2.3 on Solaris 8.

Unfortunately  I am not permissioned to install  bind 9.2.3 on Windows 2000.
I want the Windows 2000 MS DNS to use the Bind 9.2.3 on a Solaris 8 system
as it's primary DNS.

I can only find information on using MS DNS as the primary and Bind 9 as the
slave.

since _tcp.company.com  _msdcs.company.com  _sites.company.com
_udp.company.com
have no zone files of their own
How do I create the bind zone files for these subdomains of company.com?

I assume that _tcp.company.com  _msdcs.company.com  _sites.company.com
_udp.company.com  subdomains
use SOA and NS records like any othe zone file.

TIA
Dave