I've got a mess

Michael Barber mikeb at comcity.com
Wed Apr 21 00:05:53 UTC 2004

I changed my named.conf on the secondary from the commented lines to the new
lines...
It looks like it was slaving the local db.127.0.0.  Still whenever I go to
nslookup on the secondary it tells me it is not authoritative.

//zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
// type slave;
// file "db.127.0.0";
// masters {
//  207.168.174.130;
// };
//};

zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
 type master;
 file "db.127.0.0";
};

> Well, I have my changes ready for the primary nameserver...but when I shut
> it off to make the changes the secondary....it did NOT pick up.
Castrophy!
> Rush to get the Primary back up with what it has.  Something is definetly
> wrong with my secondary name server.  I noticed that Bill said that ns2 is
> not authorative for the zone....
>
> Not sure why this would be the case....  This is my zone file (condensed)
> for the comcity domain.  Can anyone see something obvious that I'm
missing?

> ; BIND version named 8.4.4 Fri Jan 16 22:45:44 2004
> ; BIND version marka at drugs:src/port/winnt
> ; zone 'comcity.com'   first transfer
> ; from [209.66.93.2].53:53 (local [209.10.62.22].1045) using AXFR at Mon
Mar