Fwd: runlevel starting and killing question

Chris Gray CGRAY at santa-clarita.com
Wed Apr 21 00:52:23 UTC 2004

Hi y'all,

I have set up a server with Trustix 2.1 on it.  By default, named does not
start automatically.  I was wondering which run levels should have Kill
named and which levels should have Start named.  Below is a listing from
another Linux box running Bind 8.4.4.  Can I use the same pattern for the
new server? If not, what is the prefered run level configuration for the
processes?  No RTFM's please.  I did some looking around and was unable to
find the information I was looking for.

TIA, Cheers!

Chris.

[root at DNS1 rc.d]# pwd
/etc/rc.d
[root at DNS1 rc.d]# find ./ -name *named*
./init.d/named
./rc0.d/K85named
./rc1.d/K85named
./rc2.d/K85named