please help with Bind

Sharino Sharino07 at REMOVE.homtail.com
Mon Apr 26 05:06:48 UTC 2004

I am running Solaris 9 on a Sun and installed bind 9.2.3 from
sunfreeware.com. package. I have created
my named.conf file and put it in the /etc directory and created the
necessary hosts files in /var/named.
When i run nslookup to this machine I can resolve the domains I am hosting
fine. works great. But if I try to resolve non-authorative names it will not
resolve. I have a similar setup
and exact same named.conf file on a slackware box and it does the lookups
fine

# nslookup
Default Server:  ns3nr.wp.shawcable.net
Address:  64.59.176.13

> server localhost
Default Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

> ericmuller.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Name:    ericmuller.com
Address:  24.77.212.102

> yahoo.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

*** localhost can't find yahoo.com: No response from server

TIA
Sharino