ISC Bind crashes dialy, should I upgrade?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Apr 27 05:49:09 UTC 2004

Vince De Mello <vince at microbotics.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Peter,

> Thanks for your reply. I carried out the command uname -a and got the
> following result:

> CYGWIN_NT-5.0 server1 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown
( Oh my G. it's "running" on nt ...)

> I then tried to do named -v and got:

> 'named' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable
> program or batch file.

> Does this mean I have a very old version of BIND?

t might and it might not. Unless "named" is in your $PATH it wont
be found if it's not in your current directory. Try serch for named.exe

> Should I go to isc.org to get the latest BIND version? Please clarify as I
> am very nervous about dabbling in this area.

You _should_ be careful.

I have no very little experience of bind-under-NT ( or any nameserver
under NT, except replacing them with freebsd+bind. This action
is so far very successful with various dns-related problems.

--
Peter Håkanson