(no subject)

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Aug 2 15:08:06 UTC 2004

S. Khademi <khademi at cc.iut.ac.ir> wrote:

> Recently I install fedora core 2, and I want set my bind, I have used
> bindconf command for setting named, now I want use rndc command, but I see
>
> [root at ns2 named]# rndc status
> rndc: connect failed: connection refused
>
> what do I do?
> Thanks

Forget "bindconf", it'sbroken. Instead follow the instructions
in the ARM-book that comes with bind.

Whats missing is a rndc.conf ( which might be produced by the
"rndc-confgen" supplied with ISC's distribution ).

Se section 6.2.4 in the arm-book :
" 6.2.4. controls Statement Definition and Usage"

And section 3 " Chapter 3. Nameserver Configuration"
where 3.4.1.2 has ( at the end) a description of rndc
config and usage.

If you are in a hurry there is a html-browsable ARM-book
on "http://www.ipsec.nu/dns/bind9/Bv9ARM.html"

If you are serious about DNS, go get "Managing DNS and BIND" by
crickett liu ( o'reilly )

There is also configuration examples ( except the bind-9 specific
stuff) at RIPE : "http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.html"

If anything is unclear, keep posting and you will most likley get help!

--
Peter Håkanson