Released

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 3 02:30:52 UTC 2004

Marcos Rene A. Moreno wrote:

>Hello.
>
>Is necessary to released my DNS local on my ISP=B4s DNS on their file=20
>Hosts? ,that is to say,
>my DNS have a other domain in the file hosts, how can i released my DNS=20
>with that domain name, if my isp=B4s domain are
>other?

I don't quite understand your question. If by "file hosts" you mean the=20
/etc/hosts file on a Unix client (or whatever the Windows equivalent=20
might be), then this really has nothing to do with DNS.

But, it seems more likely that you're asking something about delegations=20
or your interaction with a registry (could that be the .mx registry by=20
any chance?).

I'm not sure what you mean by "released" either. Do you mean delete, as=20
in delete NS records? Or do you mean authorizing a delegation change or=20
domain transfer with your registrar? Unfortunately, this is a DNS/BIND=20
list, so registry interaction isn't really relevant here, plus I don't=20
think most of us are very familiar with the .mx registry (if that's the=20
one you're asking about) and its rules.

Please clarify.

                                                                        =20